iOS 5 Facebook/Beluga notifications?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sulemanaaa, Jun 13, 2011.

1. sulemanaaa macrumors newbie

So i am testing out iOS 5 and i am only getting notifications for text/mail/phone but not for my apps! Like Facebook/Beluga and stuff. They are all turned on and everything so i am just wondering is it just me or Beta 1 is not supporting or the apps needs to be updated in-order to support them?

2. applebro24 macrumors regular

Yea this happened with my iPhone 4 the first time I installed iOS 5.

In order to correct the problem, I had to do a complete restore and set it up as a new iPhone. I had to then reorganize all my apps and change all my setting to their original state. Painful, but worth it in the end. It seems downloading the .ipsw file from a third party, and not from Apple as a true developer, leads to some errors.

Good Luck.

3. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Is facebook working for you 100%? Can you post to peoples status updates etc?

4. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

I can do everything in Facebook on iOS 5. You have to turn the alerts on AND choose either banner alerts or regular alerts. This caused me much confusion early on.

5. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

So you don't get the no internet error when looking through the news feed and posting replies?

6. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

It depends. I find that if I'm on wifi, everything works great. If I'm on 3G, a lot of apps don't work properly: Safari, Chase, Bank of America, BGR, iClarified... Haven't tried Facebook over 3G yet.

7. divinecomedian macrumors newbie

I am having this same issue with the iOS 5beta. Frustrating, most of the other notifications seem to be working (texts, emails, etc) just not getting any from Facebook app. Thinking of trying to reinstall (as suggested) just wondering how many success stories there are out there at getting the notifications for FB app to work?

DC