iOS 5 GM CDMA No Visual Voicemail Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

Hello,
    I just upgraded my 16GB iPhone 4 CDMA to the iOS 5 GM, and I noticed that when I press voicemail in the phone app, it just dials the voicemail. Is this a bug or glitch, on purpose? Are others experiencing this?
    Thanks

2. jmjoh122 macrumors member

jmjoh122

I don't know why this is happening to you. I updated mine and it works fine. Some apps are not updated yet, but that should change soon with time. Try re-installing ios 5. I hope that this helps you.

3. Stephaneezy, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

Stephaneezy macrumors newbie

No Visual Voicemail after updating to iOS 5.

Hey! I had the exact same problem. I have an iPhone 4 GSM for AT&T and I updated my phone to iOS 5 today, I clicked on my voicemail screen and all it did was dial out to my regular voicemail.

What I actually did was let it dial out to the voicemail just as if you were prompting to set it up for the first time, I entered my voicemail pw, and then re-set up my greeting. And after that, I waited for about 5 minutes and reopened the phone app to see if my visual voicemail came back and IT DID.

I'd just try that before actually redownloading the update on your phone..cause I don't know about you but it took mine about 45 minutes to update to iOS 5, I know you don't want to wait that long. Hope this helped!

4. contempt macrumors member

Yup, same thing here. I'm about to jump ship from ATT to Verizon and wanted to get all of my voicemails off of the iPhone, but saw there were none there. Had to have it dial my voicemail, disconnect, but then the display asks for my vm password, waited about 5 mins and the VMs are all back.

FYI, for those wishing to download your actual voicemails as an audio file, if your iPhone is jailbroken, each voicemail is located in var/mobile/library/voicemail