iOS 5 GM issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nepaiphonefan1, Oct 7, 2011.

1. nepaiphonefan1 macrumors newbie

I posted earlier about my poor battery with my ios5 GM. Tonight I notice that my signal will go from full strength to searching and back, all while sitting in the same open spot. So my question from the pros is... Should I restore the phone and start as new or are these bugs that are seen?

2. kingdLo macrumors 6502

Restore as new as well as a battery cycle might help you.

I saw 8hrs usage with 15.5hrs standby today and it was at 1% battery left, seems better than iOS 4.

3. nepaiphonefan1 thread starter macrumors newbie

What's a battery cycle?

4. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

I keep getting "this device is not eligible" when I try to restore with iOS 5. Maybe because I'm jailbroken? Need to fix the host file? Meh.

5. bellaisa macrumors regular

my iOS5 device keeps "searching" for signal even I'm taking the train underground, usually it stays at "no service", i think that's killing my battery. anyway to prevent this?

6. pittman87 macrumors regular

It's when you let your battery run completely out until the phone dies. Apple recommends you cycle the battery in their devices once a month to keep them in the best possible shape.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sorry I can't help in this situation, b/c I haven't experienced a problem with WiFi or battery with iOS 5 GM. Only bugs for me are within certain apps...:confused: