iOS 5 GM: now can't edit contacts & LED notifications won't work?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by justywusty, Oct 6, 2011.

1. justywusty macrumors regular

justywusty

i updated to the iOS GM and noticed two issues:

1. i can't delete or edit my contacts any longer…should there still be a group of contacts called "on this device"? i don't have that anymore…but my contacts are in "All iCloud". Maybe that's what the issue is?
    2. i turned on the LED notifications in the accessibility menu…but it doesn't even come on when a notification occurs. i tested and my flash works fine on the camera.

i should note that i was jailbroken before updating to iOS 5 GM.

Thanks for your help!

2. Raima macrumors 6502

Just tested both. Both are working. Not sure what is causing your issues.

3. redapple0 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with the flash alerts. I was getting notifications all morning, but no flash. Then 5 min ago, it suddenly started working.

Maybe it has something to due with the ambient light sensor? Try using it at night or covering the sensor.

4. justywusty thread starter macrumors regular

justywusty

mine started working last night....very weird!

my contacts issue however won't go away....so i just reset my phone to factory and started a new phone...with iCloud, it's not that big of an ordeal like in the past! pretty great!

5. truthiness macrumors regular

6. justywusty thread starter macrumors regular

justywusty

indeed! i was woken up by the flash blinking this morning when my alarm went off (i had my phone face down). pretty cool way to wake up!

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Your ip4/s has to be face down or in a dark room for it to work.

8. justywusty thread starter macrumors regular

justywusty

well that explains that! thanks.

9. Adatep macrumors newbie

I just turned on contact syncing with my exchange mail account. That fixed the contact issue

10. melman87 macrumors newbie

iPod Touch, iOS 5 - can't edit Contacts - iCloud Off

I just upgraded my daughters iPod Touch and I chose not to synch contacts with the iCloud. But I am using iCloud for all other stuff. Now I can't add or edit contacts. How weird is that? Any ideas?