iOS 5 GM photo from a locked screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by byke, Oct 4, 2011.

1. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

Just updated the iPhone 4 to GM developer 5 and can't seem to find this "take photo from a locked screen" button? is it on this release?

i have tried pressing the volume buttons etc, but i still need to swipe the screen followed by clicking the camera app button before i can take a photo....

2. leanne.. macrumors member

press home button twice fast......

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Wake the iPhone, double click the home button, the camera icon appears next to the Slide to Unlock.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

You shouldn't have to wake it first. Just a double tap on the home button should bring up the camera icon.

5. byke thread starter macrumors 6502a

byke

Cheers Guys, much appreciated.
    While I have your attention, may I ask if that any off you have the GM if you had also trouble with the auto update software?

As when I go into settings, and check os software for updates it usually says (on my iPad) that I have the latest version but with this GM version inn the iPhone it repeatedly states its unable check / error etc .....

The reason for the question is I am wondering if this developer GM will still require a full restore again in 8 days when the public gm comes out or if this dev GM will allow up to do over the air updates again?

6. shandyman Suspended

i'm getting the error on my iPad which i have on GM, i did it as a full restore. GM is the same as what the public get, there's no public GM, just public release.