Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markrox7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
I understand my iCloud backup backs up everything on my phone (including my camera roll) so I was wondering, when I get my next iPhone and sign in with my iCloud account, will all of my pictures from iCloud backup be downloaded to my new phone? :confused:

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
I understand my iCloud backup backs up everything on my phone (including my camera roll) so I was wondering, when I get my next iPhone and sign in with my iCloud account, will all of my pictures from iCloud backup be downloaded to my new phone? :confused:

When you get a new iPhone, when you turn it on, you can either "Set up as new" or "Restore from iCloud back up" if you select the second option, everything you back up to iCloud will be downloaded to your device, including photos.

markrox7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Tom8 said:

When you get a new iPhone, when you turn it on, you can either "Set up as new" or "Restore from iCloud back up" if you select the second option, everything you back up to iCloud will be downloaded to your device, including photos.

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.