ios 5 idea

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ballsop, Jul 7, 2011.

1. ballsop macrumors regular

ballsop

With the new notification centre on ios 5, you need to swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal it. This is fine on game apps however on news apps or apps that use a scrolling system, you will find your place where you were last reading has been lost when bringing down the NC. This is because tapping the top of the screen scrolls straight to the top.

My suggestion is a possible double tap feature rather than a single tap to scroll back to the top. It's merely an extra tap and is still far quicker than manually scrolling all the way down. That way you can check your notifications, then get rid of the NC and carry on reading where you left off.

Any thoughts?

(I am a developer before more irate developers jump to their conclusions about how i posses ios 5)

2. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I think this is exactly how it should function too. Make sure you report it to Apple!

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Ever since iOS 5 was announced and developers got hold of the beta, I've been hoping this issue would be addressed. Your suggested solution would be a great fix. Be sure to submit that to apple.

4. iFiend macrumors 65816

It took me all of 3 times to get the hang of it. Why is it such a big deal?

5. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Or register the behavior on 'mouse up' rather than 'mouse down'. It's bad behavior period to not be able to tell the difference between a tap and a gesture. I'd call the behavior a bug.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

interesting Lockinfo's info shade is brought down by swiping down from the top of the screen yet it doesnt make my viewing page spring to the top, wouldnt iOS 5 notification centre work the same?

to spring to the top you have to tap and release for the info shade its a hold and drag down

7. leowyatt macrumors regular

It is really bugging me playing Flight Control at the moment :(

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

its must be just due to it being Beta

Lockinfo Infoshade doesnt work when in a game

9. ballsop thread starter macrumors regular

ballsop

iFiend, i must have shocking fingers then because it's only by fluke that i can bring down the NC and not scroll to the top of whatever.
    But also, after apple making us hold the phone in a certain way, why must we then learn to touch it in a certain, delicate way in order to do something as simple as keeping a reading place.

I think Krevnik has hit the nail on the head. it's a bug that i doubt apple will over-look for long.