iOS 5 iMessages ---> not syncing from iPhone to ipad

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by eroxx, Oct 14, 2011.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

I have iOS 5 on both iPhone (4s) and iPad (2). Both are on the same cloud account, but iMessages are not syncing ... ???

2. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

I noticed this to... I don't think they're supposed to "sync."

Wherever you last sent a message from (to a given person) is the device where you receive the next message (from a given person)... Or so it seems.

Can anyone confirm this is how it works? Could be a big problem if you have a conversation on your iPad one evening and then receive a message the next morning when you're out and about with your phone.

3. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

sorry, I'm not sure I understand? If you look on apple's page that details the iOS 5 feature set, it seems that it does sync -- the iPad and iPhone both show the same conversation ... ? I'm trez confused :)

4. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

If you receive an iMessage on your phone number it will not be sent to your iPad as your iPad cannot be linked to that phone number. The iMessage has to be received at the email you set to be received on both devices.

5. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

also, are reminders synched between devices?

----------

got it (regarding texts to phone number vs email) ... But who is going to text an email address?!

6. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Reminders are synced between devices via iCloud.