Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bk123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
any idea when there will be a hack to put siri on iPhone 4

fattire357

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
Logic on siri and piracy?

I'm not involved with that hack, but a likely explanation is that the hack modifies apple code and copies that onto your iOS device, rather than using no Apple code to modify your existing iOS device to enable Siri.

The distinction purely legal. The first method is illegal, the second method (as all jailbreaks are performed) is legal.

An example is, let's say you want a weird version of the Dark Knight where the ending happens first (I know, weird example, haha). It is legal to distribute a script that moves this around on your preexisting Dark Knight movie, but it is illegal to distribute the movie that is modified the way you wanted it to be.

You can't distribute modified Apple code, just the instructions on how to modify it (albiet very automated as all jailbreaks are). Hope that makes sense. Honestly I dont see the logic on how this is illegal, since a complicated enough script can do anything to an IPSW...I'd venture far enough to say this guy doesn't know what he is talking about. Yah it can be a lot of effort to work around but it shouldnt be a deal breaker

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.