IOS 5 iPad 1 question...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mdwsta4, Oct 4, 2011.

1. mdwsta4, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

I upgraded my iPad 1 using the GM IOS 5 today. Two things I've noticed I hope someone can help with:

1. Gestures - no longer work. Loved the four/five finger gestures I've been using for quite some time and I thought they were supposed to be part of IOS5. What gives?

2. Newsstand - I cannot put newsstand into a folder. WTH not?!

2. dazcox5181 macrumors 6502

1. iPad 2 only

2. Annoying isn't it

3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I'm sure there will be a jailbreak tweak to activate the gestures and siri!

4. mdwsta4 thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow, that is a shame. Makes no sense why that would be an ipad 2 only feature?! But I'm sure there will be a tweak in the near future to allow us to enable it again.

And yes, it's just like the iBooks app, why not allow me to put it wherever I want? Especially since I'll likely never use it.

5. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I have an original iPad running iOS 4.3.5 and I can put iBooks in a folder. Is this a iOS 5 issue?

6. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

It isn't an issue with iBooks. I think he means that newstand is just like iBooks and so should behave the same.

7. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

I angrily tried to get Newsstand into my "crap" folder for awhile until I realized that it's different from the books app. It's really more of a folder. Go ahead, tap it. It's a folder. And nested folders are not a thing in iOS. Pity though because I don't see myself using it.

8. erawsd macrumors 6502

1. Yeah, I can't understand that at all. It seems Apple is imposing a lot of artificial limitations across the board. Ex: iPad 2 won't be getting Siri or geofencing even though it should be more than capable of running it.

2. Its because Newstand is already a folder. It is annoying, I wish I could hide it somewhere too since I will never use it.

9. Ashwood11, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011

Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

You can! Create an additional home screen page and put it there away from those apps and folders you do use.

10. GodzillaMor, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

GodzillaMor macrumors newbie

I updated my iPad yesterday.
    I have posted my 'problem' on the iOS 5 forum but someone here may help. I can't play Music Videos in 'Music' anymore. The only reply I got to my post suggested this wasn't a problem and should only expect audio from 'Music'. I can still view Music Videos in Music on my iPod touch but on the iPad I just see a small still picture to the left of the title. Have Apple really removed this functionality or is it just my iPad?
    Video is as rubbish as Photos for organising files.:confused:

11. ade2bee macrumors regular

they have removed it

You access them in the movie app

----------

Have you not noticed that you don't get the new quick photo editing either in the photo app either, even though the photoshop app works fine on the iPad 1 ...

Oh and if you have the iCab browser, gesture swiping works fine..

This list just grows and grows with what they've missed off iPad 1...

Apples new consumer attitude: 'It serves you right for being an early adopter and supporting us! ... Now buy newer product bitch!'