Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benbaecher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Any news on the release date of the iPad 2 jailbreak for ios 5? I am assuming they are waiting for the release of the new iPhone because it has the same processor as the iPad 2 thus if the jailbreak came out before the release of the phone apple could presumably patch the exploit for the jailbreak meaning hackers would have successfully jailbroken the iPad but may have to start over on the phone. My question is however does anyone know if the jailbreak could be put out before the release of the new iPhone or if not how much longer will we have to wait once the phone is on shelves?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The new iPhone, the 4S, has been out on shelves for a few weeks now. No date on an iPad 2 iOS 5 jailbreak.

Benbaecher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
The new iPhone, the 4S, has been out on shelves for a few weeks now. No date on an iPad 2 iOS 5 jailbreak.

I am not referring to the iPhone 4s I know it just came out but there are rummors of the iPhone 5 having the same processing chip as the iPad 2. It will be a while yet until the iPhone 5 is released which would seem to long to hold off for the iPad 2 jailbreak but at the same time makes sense seeing as there are far more users purchasing iPhones than iPads.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I am not referring to the iPhone 4s I know it just came out but there are rummors of the iPhone 5 having the same processing chip as the iPad 2. It will be a while yet until the iPhone 5 is released which would seem to long to hold off for the iPad 2 jailbreak but at the same time makes sense seeing as there are far more users purchasing iPhones than iPads.

iPhone 4S uses the same CPU (A5) as the iPad 2.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011

First, you started this thread in the wrong forum. This belongs in the iPhone Hacks forum.

Second, it'd be stupid for the dev team to delay the 4s jb until the iPhone 5 comes out. Apple has not even announced the hardware specs for it anyway.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
they are most likely waiting for 5.0.1 to be out to the public so they dont have to waste a hole apple can fix before GM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.