iOS 5, iPad 2 Mirroring and AirPlayer on Mac

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lsproductions, Jun 8, 2011.

1. lsproductions macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

This is a plea to whoever has the iOS5 Dev build and an iPad 2. If you have these and a Mac, could you do me a favor?

Download AirPlayer: http://www.macworld.co.uk/digitallifestyle/news/index.cfm?newsid=3253765

Once installed, can you see if Mirroring works with this software? The software turns your Mac into a AirPlay source, so you can send Pictures and Videos to it (and not an Apple TV)!!

Thank you in advance!

2. metsgiantsfan macrumors newbie

I am having trouble using AirPlayer with iOS 5 in its entirety (not just mirroring). I know the Apple TV needs to have iOS 5 on it for the mirroring to work. Maybe the desktop apps need to be updated too.

3. davegregoire macrumors newbie

Same here

My iPad does not detect any available AirPlay clients with ios5

4. scmacdaddy macrumors regular

i'm interested in doing the same. basically want to play games like real racing using my mac's screen.

5. Speedyparker87 macrumors member

Do you think it's only a matter of time before any Apple product can AirPlay to any other Apple product? Or is there a design, business or some other reason they don't want to build this feature in?

6. vbtwo31984 macrumors regular

My iPad shows the Mac in the list of Airplay clients, but you can't stream anything to it. Also, the option to mirror does not appear. It seems that Airplayer will need to be updated for it to work with iOS5.

7. Eddy Munn macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

I think it's a feature they will implement in the future, It's a good piece of software though AirPlayer. :)