iOS 5 ipad 2 slowdown

Discussion in 'iPad' started by archdelux, Oct 6, 2011.

1. archdelux macrumors 6502

has iOS 5 caused a slow down in any apps/etc for your ipad 2? I've heard someone complain that mail takes a long time to load.. is that a consistent event?

I just remember when I upgraded my iphone 3g to the new software (maybe it was ios 4?) and it just completelt destroyed the phone..became worthlessly slow after that.. just hoping the same thing doesnt happen with new software for the ipad..

2. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

The speed has been fine for me so far. No slowdowns whatsoever and I've had it since beta 1. The GM is great. Also, any apps that have been said to be slow are not iOS 5 optimized yet. I have only received an update for Evernote that is fully functional on iOS 5. Any other app is running a 4.x build.

3. StoneGaijin macrumors regular

No slow down here, in fact, I honestly think iOS5 sped up my iPad2. It's running slicker and quicker.

4. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

I have yet to upgrade my iPad but iPod Touch feels faster with iOS 5 GM. I've read somewhere for some that iCloud seems to slow things down so perhaps you could try to turn off iCloud and see if that makes difference to identify the problematic area.

5. DrFreeman macrumors member

Well, I have upgraded to ios5 and I have noticed a drop in responsiveness of the safari browser! Overal it's ok but I think there will be an update sometime soon to iron out some of the stuff.

6. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Same here. After I installed iOS5, I felt that my iPad 2's responsiveness was slightly improved.

7. yegon macrumors 68020

Really? I find Safari faaaar faster under ios5, much more akin to a laptop experience with the speed it renders pages.

8. rhazz macrumors newbie

This! Page loads are a slightly quicker as with response times. Changing tabs is also quite snappy! Almost makes me want to trade in my iPhone 4 for a 4s to have faster browsing.. Almost ;)

9. DrFreeman macrumors member

Sine I upgraded to ios5 I have started having difficulties with the home button and also a less snappy safari. Not really sure why! I might reinstall the ios5 and see what happens.

Has anyone faced this problem? I may take the iPad to an apple store to see what they say.

10. paulsheller macrumors newbie

I have iPad 1. Yes definitely sluggish on all aspects. :(

Paul

11. IsaacM macrumors member

It will actually speed up your iPad 2. Especially while browsing with Safari.