iOS 5 is immense.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sdm1985, Oct 6, 2011.

1. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

I just want to say that iOS 5 is fantastic! I've been using the new photo editing options and they are amazing. One click of the enhance button and it looks crisp and it gets rid of the red eye too!

What is your favourite feature of iOS 5 or anticipated? What would you like to see in iOS 5.1/5.2?

Mine would just be tweaks to the iOS as follows;

Rotating multi-tasking icons when in landscape

Options in settings need to be more concise (grouped) settings.app is too clunky and cluttered.

Push notifications in the App Store - wasn't iOS 5 meant to keep you in the App store after making a purchase, it still throws me out?

Timer for the camera App (maybe coming with iPhone 4S)

Ability to add commend shortcuts to the spotlight screen which will fade when Spotlight delivers results - so swipe left to turn on/off wi-fi, bluetooth etc etc

FaceTime with 3G

Quick reply for SMS

Battery management

Does anybody know when Find My Friends and Cards is coming out?

2. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

I was gonna ask the same question. Using IOS 5 for months now i have loved it . i mainly used the built in twitter apps. and editing photos

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

October 12th.

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Great idea. It's a mess.

Another good point. I've never quite understood that. Let apps download in the background and let people look at more and ultimately buy more while they're waiting. It's like forcibly removing someone from an Apple store once they've bought one item.

Never heard this suggestion for at the spotlight screen and have it fade away when typing. Another good idea.

Your one bad idea. Ruins the simplicity. iPhone already has great battery life.

Good post!

5. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

Is anybody having twitter app for ipad force close? i can never open it on IOS5

currently using echophone and its not all that great

6. sdm1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheers. Well, I think with the battery management, I just would like a way to preserve battery life and to know what the culprits are.

In terms of the Spotlight screen, you would press and hold a command such as Wi-Fi until it turns blue, release and then a small + pops up and then that will appear in the Spotlight screen under the search bar - I think it would be perfect to have 4 or 5 commands there at one swipes, a toggle press and hot the home button.

Do you have any suggestions for 5.1?

7. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

I love it, but the one bummer for me about the photo editing is you can't save the photo as a new one.

It over writes the original.

Unless of course, I am just stupid and can't figure it out. LOL.

8. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I know it is a really small thing, but it's been something I missed since I had an iPaq running some mobile version of Windows (5.0 or something? I never knew what version. The one that still required you to keep battery power or lose your info stored on the RAM).

But I'd love an easy way to tell the date (I know, the calendar app icon has it but I hate iCal so I put it in my don't use and found a much better skin for it that does what I want but uses its info so I can still use mobileme).

It just seems the notifications screen is begging for the calandar app to be able to display the date on it. I miss on my ipaq you could hit the time on the top and a bubble would pop up and tell you the date. I know it was years ago that I had it but I still forget and try to do that with the iPhone to tell the date. Having it be so I could swipe the notifications screen down to see the date would be just as good. It's so small and probably so easy for them to do...

9. sdm1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

This needs to be implemented as once in a while the editing features don't do much for the picture and this then means the photo has been altered forever.

10. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

This.

11. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

12. Gemütlichkeit macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

Can I iMessage someone from my PC to their phone/pad/pod?

13. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

I like how it tells you how much room each app is taking up!

14. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Does iCloud "fix" this? Meaning when you take a photo it should automatically save across iCloud, then when you go to edit does it just replace the photo on that specific device or across all your devices/cloud?

15. snej macrumors member

Looks like you can undo all manipulations (cropping, red eye, color correction) just by editing the image again. The original image is not lost, and you do not get duplicates by editing.

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

A few:

Individual call deletion from recents

Delete individual songs/albums/all music-podcasts-videos with just one tap. Just one tap and the entire music collection can be deleted.

17. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Wrong.

Original is still there. You can go back and undo it. Many third party apps don't even see the alterations.

Cropping, etc. You'll find other complaints where people have cropped a photo, then transmitted it, or opened in another app and gotten the full original.

Apple is doing something weird with meta data.

18. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Has anyone tried getting custom SMS notifications working in iOS 5?

Can you do it the same way as ringtones? Convert the sound file to AAC and change the extension to .m4r? Or is the procedure different?

This is one of my most looked forward to features and I want to be ready. :)

19. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L