iOS 5 jailbreak Problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Darkipoduser, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Darkipoduser macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I recently updated my iPhone to ios 5 and tried to jailbreak it using redsn0w 0.9.9b7 but i dont know what went wrong and when i booted my iphone i lost most of my default apps (facetime, safari, camera, photos and the app store) and also cydia wasnt there. I also tried to restore but some error show up every time i tried to restore...... plz help i m really confused

2. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

First, as a matter of practice, you always should *backup* (sync) your iPhone to iTunes before moving from 4.x to 5.x. Did you do that?

If so, it's pretty easy to do a fresh restore of 5.0.1 on your iPhone and then resync with iTunes to reinstall all your apps and preferences onto your "fresh" iPhone.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

you do know it's a tethered jailbreak and you must use redsnow extras just boot my device after you boot up.

4. Darkipoduser thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i did back up all my apps, music and photos but an error occurs everytime i try to sync my apps frm the computer its says something like itunes sync application failed to install on the phone.. what should i do?

5. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

what phone is it? What's the current state of the phone?

----------

try putting the phone into DFU and do a clean restore again.