iOS 5 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by qhoti, Oct 13, 2011.

1. qhoti macrumors newbie

hello, what do i need to jailbreak iOS 5?
    im stuck because i updated and had gevey sim so i couldnt get past the startup. i tried jailbreaking but not the apple logo shows for a while and after that its a frozen loading circle. what can i do? please help me :(

2. qhoti thread starter macrumors newbie

I jailbroke it using redsn0w! phone works but my gevey isnt working, seems like i have to boot with redsn0w every time?

3. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

It's currently a tethered boot only.

4. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Yes, the only iOS 5 jailbreak currently out is tethered. You will have to put the phone in DFU every time you shut if off and use the "Just Boot" option in Redsn0w.

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm waiting for an untethered jailbreak. I don't think it'll be long before we see one available..

6. qhoti thread starter macrumors newbie

ugh, I had to learn what tethered meant the hard way.. will the untethered work with my gevey sim?

7. Elefant macrumors newbie

I have an issue in extension of the comments of this thread; I made a custom IPSW and restored to it through iTunes, while the phone was in owned DFU, but it appears you can't make it past the introduction, when the phone is locked to another carrier... Even though I boot tethered.

8. pimgo macrumors newbie

I use a gevey sim as well but you have to stay away from the normal installation with iTunes because when you update your baseband will update too. And that doesn't work, see the site: applenberry.com. For an untethered jb you have to wait a little longer!

9. steamed turtle macrumors newbie

Don't feel bad. I just wasted all morning learning what "tethered jailbreak" meant too.

10. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Gevey works, or I know Gevey Ultra works. But furious mod does not. So will have to dial 112 and do it manually.

11. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

There should be a sticky on the untethered jailbreak.

12. qhoti thread starter macrumors newbie

my gevey does not work, because i have to boot with redsn0w and the bar i need to diall 112 doesnt show. if there's anything else i can do let me know please. thanks