Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wfj5444

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Has anyone who has JB confirm or deny MyWi works?

Also does it work if you boot untethered? I know Safari/Cydia might not...

Thanks!

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
I am missing something here? The iOS 5 JB is tethered. How the hell are you to "try it out without a tethered boot"?

SurferSD

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Got it working...

MyWi and PDAnet do not work... however...

I was able to get TetherMe working on iOS 5b3. Although the phone itself is tethered, I have nothing else installed.

TetherMe works great over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB. This is a tried and true connection.

Again, I have nothing else installed. Be sure not to install SBSettings, Activator, or anything else that will cause your iPhone to go into a Safe Mode loop.

Hope this helps a lot of you "Developers" out there.

:cool:

Abs_p

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

SurferSD said:
MyWi and PDAnet do not work... however...

I was able to get TetherMe working on iOS 5b3. Although the phone itself is tethered, I have nothing else installed.

TetherMe works great over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB. This is a tried and true connection.

Again, I have nothing else installed. Be sure not to install SBSettings, Activator, or anything else that will cause your iPhone to go into a Safe Mode loop.

Hope this helps a lot of you "Developers" out there.

:cool:

Last sentence FTW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.