iOS 5 lock screen calendar notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrochester, Jul 6, 2011.

1. mrochester, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

mrochester macrumors 65816

Hi all

Does anyone know how many calendar notifications you can have on the iOS 5 lock screen? My other half currently has an Android phone and says he couldn't live without the ability to see his next 5 or 6 appointments at a glance (no matter how far in advance they are). Can anyone tell me if it's possible to have these 5 or 6 next appointments show permanently on the iOS 5 lock screen?

Many thanks

M.

2. shandyman Suspended

it's all within 2 days time afaik, i will test it and confirm, but currently, it shows my brothers birthday, tomorrow, and has done since yesterday

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Nope. The Lockscreen is only for notifications you haven't seen. Once you unlock it and pull down the Notification Center it clears them all. You can have the NC show 1, 5 or 10 recent items. Doesn't help your other half much though.

4. mrochester thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh well nevermind looks like he won't be getting an iPhone then!

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

iOS 5 is not out yet. For all you know Apple might include the feature when it's released.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Yeah I was actually pretty saddened by this. I was under the impression that the notification wouldn't go away until you opened the corresponding application. I'm the same as your other half.

There is, however, still hope. Have him jailbreak and install Lockinfo and he can have up to 8 weeks and 20 scrollable entries of upcoming calendar events displayed. I can't live without it which is the only reason I'm not using 5.0.

Attached Files:

7. mrochester thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah there's always jailbreaking, but ideally I'd like him to be able to achieve what he wants without having to resort to that.

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Me too, but such is life.

Crazy to think about how much he's missing out on if that's the one thing stopping him.

9. mrochester thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, but he has made it quite clear that it is the most important feature for him to have, so it has to be spot on.

10. shandyman Suspended

yea sorry, meant notification centre lol. long day. But the Calender items stay there until they expire,you can't remove them.

11. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Is that the same for everything? Like sports alerts and texts? There will dissapea when You click them?

12. shandyman Suspended

on the lock screen, once you unlock, they disappear from lock screen and are just in the notification centre.

when you select somehthing in the notification centre, that notification will go as pressin it takes you to the app to deal with it. so say you press a text to read it fully and reply, it will take you to the text message with keyboard up to reply, then it will clear from the notification centre as you have dealt with it.

13. The Norman macrumors member

The constant nagging of upcoming appointments (and iCloud contact birthdays) on the lockscreen would be sweet. That and custom text tones are the only features I miss from my old Windows phone from 2007 that iPhones don't do (yet).

14. shandyman Suspended

from what we see in iOS5, looks like we are getting custom SMS and email tones

15. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Wishful thinking

16. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You can already change the email tones for New Mail and Sent Mail in beta 2 and SMS should be able to be customized in a future update since they've got the Buy More Tones link at the top just like ringtones has (right now it just takes you to the iTunes Featured page).

17. shandyman Suspended

It's not wishful thinking, looking at the menu, it's now more like the ringtone one. We have a 'buy more tones' button. It looks very much like its there but we just need an iTunes update to enable us to copy custom tones to the device, which we should get on the launch of iOS 5