iOS 5 MMS Profile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric Noa, May 24, 2012.

1. Eric Noa macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Hey guys I created a profile on my iPhone 4 running iOS 5 a while back to active MMS on my jailbroken/unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile and I have been looking for the site to create a new one and I can't find it. Does anyone know what Im talking about and if so do you have the link to the website?

2. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

There is this link which is for APN changing, locate here: http://unlockit.co.nz/#_MainMenu

But as far as I know it will not create an MMS profile (MMS settings), why do you need to do this? Did you recently changed carriers and need to run new settings?

3. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Well what it did was change my APN settings which it made my MMS work but it was like a carrier profile. Do you know the site for that? And I need it because mine stop working a few weeks ago and I wanted to reinstall it

4. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

I don't know of a site that also changes MMS settings in an APN profile. First, what carrier do you have? Have you tried resetting network settings?

PS: cellular data network needs to be modify in order to change MMS settings, read here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=14741434

5. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

I have T-mobile and I can manually change my cellular and mms APN but when the first unlock came out for iOS 5 I installed a profile for T-Mobile that made my mms work till about two weeks ago when it stopped working

6. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Then it might be a tmobile APN/MMS setting issue. You might want to call tmobile customer service.

Also, I read tmobile is going through a refarming process of switching frequencies from AWS/17hz to 1900Mhz to bring 3G/HSPA+ support to all iPhone users. Don't know if this has anything to do with it.

7. Eric Noa thread starter macrumors 6502

Eric Noa

Thanks for the heads up. That might be the problem