iOS 5 music player out of order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AHDuke99, Oct 5, 2011.

1. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Anyone still have the bug in the GM where songs in playlists are out of order on the iPhone? I've had that problem for a few betas now and Apple never fixed it in the GM. I don't have the problem on the iPad though. Anyone else have this problem? I guess I'll just have to get used to my playlists being backwards.

2. deanfx4u macrumors regular

I've been pretty much asking the same question and can't get a definitive answer. So, I am adding my library now and will let you know what I come up with.

3. Krandor macrumors 6502

I think it is more an iTunes issue then an iOS issue and hopefully the GM Itunes will fix it.

However, I ran into this same issue. I make playlists out of a lot of my podcasts to keep similar subject matter together but want them sorted by release date. With the current iTunes beta, even with release date selected in iTunes, they did not appear on my iPhone in that order. What I did to fix it, was to also check the select x items and set it to "Select 50GB sorted by least recently played" (these were all podcasts that had never been played and just used 50GB as something so big it would never come into play). After that, the playlist did show up on my iPhone sorted by release date. No idea why that fixed it, but for me it did.