iOS 5 no notification in lock screen 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by al404, Jun 9, 2011.

1. al404 macrumors 6502

al404

hi i still have the old style lock screen and i can see notifications on lock screen
    am i missing something or is just a bug?

2. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Works fine on my 3Gs. Have you made sure all the settings for each thing (calendar, reminders, mail, sms etc) are set to 'On' on 'View in Lock Screen'?

3. al404 thread starter macrumors 6502

al404

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

In ios5 the lockscreen remains the same and notifications are still displayed on the lockscreen. The only difference is you can now swipe on the notifications and double click the home button for quick access to the camera.

5. geiman macrumors newbie

So you have the notifications, but you aren't happy? Or do you mean you get the old style of "pop-up" notifications? I had problems with notifications not showing up on the lock screen, and any changes I would make in the settings for notifications would not work correctly. A reboot fixed all of this.

6. zerocool5878 macrumors newbie

I know what your asking i think.. If you mean that you can not swipe down on the lock screen to get your notifications then the answer is ..you can't. the lock screen will only show them as they come in. I am disappointed in this as i thought that i would always be able to see weather widget and mail on my lock screen... maybe in another beta

7. kend0g187 macrumors newbie

I thought there was supposed to be a weather and stocks widget built into the lock screen? I don't have either. And I don't see any option for "view in lock screen".

8. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

9. Brannon macrumors regular