IOS 5 No stars in Music App?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Walshy440, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Walshy440 macrumors newbie

Walshy440

Hi I use the star rating system all the time for music. I couldn't see a way to access this in the new Music App on the iPad. Am I being blind????

2. ntropy macrumors newbie

I just noticed that as well. Looks like you can still get to star ratings on the iPhone's Music App but not on the iPad's.

This is a major redesign of the music app and they get rid of even more features? What gives? Is it hidden somewhere?

3. bobright macrumors 601

Where can I email Apple about that?

That sucks as I got a huge music collection and use ratings a lot as well. Maybe it isn't there cause the products not finished?!

4. ntropy macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'd say we can't really complain yet since it's a Beta release.

5. err404 macrumors 68020

We can't complain, but now is a good time to provide feedback while they can still address it.

6. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

you can complain another part of the point of the beta is for that reason, bugs and i would say something like this counts.

7. bobright macrumors 601

I've seen in another thread a member say the rating of songs is still there though....are you sure about this to the OP?

If it's like iOS4 you have to click the album art and while it's in full screen double-tap and on the other side is where you rate the song:confused:

8. err404 macrumors 68020

Reporting bugs and providing constructive feedback =/= complaining. But that's just semantics. Regardless, a beta is a good time to voice concern.

9. ntropy, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011

ntropy macrumors newbie

Rating of songs is still there on the iPhone, but not the iPad. On my iPad, if I click on the album artwork, it brings the album artwork full screen. Taping on it again shows the transport controls and slider bar at the top. I'm pretty sure I tapped on everything I could think of... The stars are nowhere to be found!

EDIT:

I just submitted a bug report in Apple's Bug Reporter. We'll see what happens...

10. extenet macrumors member

No audio

I don't get any audio in the music or video app. Tried restore from back up and clean install but still no dice. Anyone else having this issue?

11. ntropy macrumors newbie

No issue with audio. I did have a weird display issue in the Music app where I none of the lists were populated. Just a big white screen with the borders around. Restarting the iPad fixed it.

I do have a lot of issues with third party and native apps though...

The Weather Channel - Crashes on startup
    2Do - OK on iPad, crashes on startup on iPhone
    Evernote - Notes don't populate
    Videos - TV Episodes are not sorted properly
    Calendar - Text is truncated all over the place

And I hope they give us the option to get rid of the newstand icon...

12. bobright macrumors 601

Right on thanks for confirming, everybody go on and report this.

Also ask for a better rating system where we don't have to go into full screen album cover and flip to rate - suggest the stars for rating are in plain view.

13. GTDaveMac macrumors regular

Interesting... Apple still doesn't allow third party apps to change ratings, but I've added a way to rate songs via my app, My Hit Radio. (http://bit.ly/My-Hit-Radio-Free)

For now, you have to manually 'sync' the ratings by going down the list but it's better than nothing. Hopefully soon I can add the export option with a Mac/PC app to sync up all the changes... that is unless Apple gives access to the the ratings by third party apps.

14. jjustice macrumors newbie

Double-tap works for me

Hope you guys don't mind me resurrecting a dead thread. Since nobody else confirmed or denied the double-tap feature, I just wanted to chime in and say to bob that the double-tap works for me in iOS 5 beta 6. And also thank you--not being able to find this feature was driving me crazy

15. AnybodyM macrumors newbie

You can also single-tap the button on the bottom right by the way to switch to the stars view.

I am however completely missing the "2x Playback" Button on the iPad!
    Has someone found that in iOS 5 ? According to this thread, it was there in iOS 4.

16. bobright macrumors 601

I know this is a older thread but just curious, can somebody post a screenshot of what the "rating" system looks like in IOS5 now that it's officially released?