iOS 5 Notifications - Lockscreen Privacy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KingThong83, Sep 8, 2011.

1. KingThong83 macrumors newbie

Morning All,

I'm new to this forum so this is my first post!

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find any reference of privacy settings for the new Notifications in iOS 5.

Currently, you can disable message preview to prevent contents of a text message being displayed on the lock screen notification bubble. Every screen shot (and i'm not a beta tester) i've seen seems for iOS 5 Notifications to display the content of messages and emails?

Does anyone know or have the option to find out if these privacy/security features are available, i'm concerned that having notifications on your lock screen detailing contents of messages and emails being displayed, i.e. if you leave your phone on your desk at work? It would be a shame if this has been overlooked?

Look forward to anyones help/screenshots/advice?

Thanks

2. KingThong83 thread starter macrumors newbie

True...I could, but doesn't really help for those who want a less than primitive mobile but want the same privacy that iOS 4 gives? :)

3. Alex-H macrumors newbie

You can hide the content of email and text messages within notification settings :)

4. ParagJain macrumors 6502

You can also set the preview to 1 line or None in Mail Settings.

Settings - mail, calendar & contacts.

Under Mail section, set the preview to none or 1 line...or whatever you want.
    that can help too :)

EDIT, ah, just tried this, doesn't work actually... Hmmmm

5. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

You can turn previews off in Settings -> Notification -> Mail. In fact, this screen has a whole bunch of configuration options for each app. How many max it shows, if it does new banner style, or old style center popup, if it appears in notification center or not, etc etc.

6. Alex-H macrumors newbie

Yeah you'll need to do it here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. KingThong83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Brilliant!!

Thanks to all who've contributed to this thread, theres hardly anything (that I could find anyway) out there that even details this, most just say you can configure old or new badges etc but thats about it.

I'm glad they've implemented the security/privacy features!

Again, thanks to everyone for that! :)