iOS 5 or 4.3.3 jailbroken

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jbarresi19, Jun 9, 2011.

1. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

People who have access to iOS 5....do u like it better than 4.3.3 jailbroken?

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Its cool, but I'm still going to jailbreak iOS 5 when it comes out. I still like freedom. I'm loving iOS 5 on my iPhone now, but nothing beats a jailbroken one.

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I think it all depends on what you need for apps if they require a JB ... if you don't need apps like mywi, ect., don't JB and stay on 4.3.3

4. BrandoFiasco macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8E401)

I used iOS 5 for a few hours but began to really miss bitesms and my sbsettings so I reverted back to 4.2.8 (Verizon). A jb iPhone can be modded to have similar features of iOS 5. So to answer your question, as of now, I like it better jailbroken.

5. iFiend macrumors 65816

I am having a hard time deciding myself! I really love iOS 5 but there are a few things I am missing. Mark my words, if we get quick reply for SMS and a couple other features with the iOS 5 GM I am done jailbreaking!

6. eekcat macrumors 6502a

7. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

What do you miss about LockInfo on iOS 5? All I could see you missing are the previews but the previews for me are always buggy especially with mail so I wouldn't miss them one bit.

8. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Miss customizing my homescreen. One day I'll have live animated weather, the next slanted lockscreen, etc. IOS has just a typical boring Apple lockscreen.

9. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Ah ok, so not really LockInfo itself but rather being able to customize your lockscreen, I see myself using iOS 5 and jailbreaking to do that plus hopefully add custom actions to the stock lockscreen notifications like swipe a text to quick reply instead of launching the stock app.

10. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I'm on 5.0 beta, the thing I miss most is probably theming... so with that goes SSH, iFile, act.

11. eekcat macrumors 6502a

I miss having my calendar appointments (not just reminders for appointments), a persistent display of information in a consistent manner/order -- what's displayed in IOS5 really is just notifications - easily/accidentally dismissed., previews (they worked fine for me 90% of the time). Weather/calendar/all other notifications always available on the lockscreen on a button press are nice.

It's a whole lot better than before IOS5, and sure looked like a surefire replacement for lockinfo during the presentation, but it's not quite there yet. If a JB is available for IOS5, I'll be JB-ing for lockinfo (geez, I feel like such a shill). I won't hold off on IOS5 to stay on 4 just for lockinfo though.

edit: oh, and status bar notifications as unobtrusive little icons

12. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

If iOS 5 ends up with themes and lets you place your icons where you want it might be a trade off for me.

13. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Damn it! I completely forgot about that! Now iOS 5 isn't looking quite so appealing to me.

14. understando macrumors member

yeah, I agree. I havent had time to downgrade and rejailbreak but really miss lockinfo.

It really sucks that you cant view an individual email from the lock screen as you can with lockinfo, from the lock screen and THEN choose to open it in the email app if you like.

Also the ability to dismiss certain emails and not others. With the apple system its all or nothing.

Same as Bitesms.
    Also I miss display out (mirror videos on my car headunit from non supported apps) and sbsettings.

Dont really particularly care about the theming personally, just dont understand why they wouldnt add the functionality of those things i mentioned.

15. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

iOS 5 to me is not worth my jailbreak. I am going to revert as soon as I get home for SUMMER!!!!! But I have a final in 2 hours, FML...