Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Yesterday I put the ios 5 beta (4 or 5) on my iphone, then restored from a back up. It seems I lost my camera roll photos (about 800 photos) and I cannot view any of the photos other than the NEW camera roll (which only has two photos).

Is this a known issue? Can I somehow get my camera roll photos back?

Can I extract my old camera roll photos out of my itunes back up some way?

saccento

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
New Jersey
if you wanna continue to use iOS 5 you can download and install phoneview to view your photos (that should be found on your iPhone) and then take them off from there.

If you want to downgrade and have backed up your camera roll will be there after restoring.

This happened to me and with all the bugs in beta 5 I decided to downgrade back to 4.3.5

hope this helps

JasonR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
if you wanna continue to use iOS 5 you can download and install phoneview to view your photos (that should be found on your iPhone) and then take them off from there.

If you want to downgrade and have backed up your camera roll will be there after restoring.

This happened to me and with all the bugs in beta 5 I decided to downgrade back to 4.3.5

hope this helps

Hmmm...I do have phoneview. I have backed up my old camera roll, I don't want to downgrade back to iOS4 (I really like iOS5)...

I'd be happy with ios5 if I could just go back and grab my camera roll photos from the back up. Unfortunately I don't have a spare iPhone to do it on...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.