iOS 5 Photo Stream - not working yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonnyb, Jun 7, 2011.

1. jonnyb macrumors 65816

I assume it's because the service isn't live yet but I can't get Photo Stream to work on the beta. Anyone had any luck? I've set it all up and taken a pic with my iPhone 4, assuming it would then upload and be viewable on my iPad's photos app, but no dice.

Any ideas?

2. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I assume you have iOS5 installed on both devices? If so, I'd chalk it up to not being live yet.

3. shandyman Suspended

that's cos it's an iCloud feature, which is not up until fall, not iOS5 feature.

4. jonnyb thread starter macrumors 65816

Well I assumed the service itself wasn't live but other iCloud features are already live so clearly one doesn't necessarily flow the other.

5. iKennett macrumors 6502

Still setting up so not tried it... have you turned it on as it seems off by default?

6. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I agree, but it was working for Apple during the keynote! They said iCloud and iOS5 would be available in the Fall. I'd think developers with iOS5 beta would be able to test this out...hmmm???

7. pilotfisher macrumors newbie

It works just fine for me. But it only put my new photos into the photo stream. Not the old ones.

8. CactusHawk macrumors regular

I don't think you can put the "old ones" on photo stream. At least if you can I don't know how.

9. gianthobbit macrumors 6502

Pretty sure this should work. The start screen had a toggle for "iCloud" which includes photos.

How do you get the photos into iPhoto? I dont see a new version of iPhoto out yet...

10. Shackrat macrumors member

Works for me...

Phtotostream is working on new photos shot, doesn't seem to take in any existing photos though.

11. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

certain, not all, iCloud features are live already

12. jonnyb thread starter macrumors 65816

I realise that. My point was that a previous poster said 'It's iCloud, not iOS5, therefore it's not live'. Clearly the fact that it's an iCloud feature isn't the reason it's not live yet as other iCloud services *are* live.

13. shandyman Suspended

actually they are *live* in beta form only, not officially live as such. Thus why it says OFFICIALLY that iCloud is coming in the Fall....

14. gianthobbit macrumors 6502

I can verify, iCloud photostream feature IS working. Just wondering how to get the stream to feed into iPhoto to make this a complete process.

15. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I love how everyone thinks that all the services and features are going to be up now. It's a beta that was publicly released less than 36 hours ago. It's not all going to work.

16. gopherhockey macrumors regular

gopherhockey

I see that it is working, but I too would like to get my old photos into the stream. Otherwise I have to continue to use two apps to manage photo sync.

Maybe there is a way to add it to add them manually back into iPhoto and have them re-sync?

If someone figures this out please let us know.

17. iKennett macrumors 6502

Also working here in UK.

You need the beta version of iPhoto from the dev centre for it to work with iPhoto. The app is also kept separate from your current version.