Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robotica

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Edinburgh
Hello

I was just wondering what the chances are that ios5 may be released a week to a few days before the new hardware launch.

As far as I can remember this situation has happened in the past.

Would make sense to prove all new features are 100% perfect for the new hardware.

Anyone thinking along similar lines?

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
I was just wondering what the chances are that ios5 may be released a week to a few days before the new hardware launch.

As far as I can remember this situation has happened in the past.

Would make sense to prove all new features are 100% perfect for the new hardware.

I'm not following your reasoning. How would releasing iOS 5 a few days before releasing new hardware impact the quality iOS 5 on that new hardware? A few days is not sufficient time to update the software on the devices before release.

Developers have been banging away on iOS 5 betas for several months. This front page article talked about some of the details of creating the iOS 5 master for the unannounced products.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
It's entirely possible that iOS 5 could be released months before an iPhone 5 if the hardware is not ready. iOS 5 will be released within the next month regardless.

-t

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.