iOS 5: Store button in music app is annoying

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shikari89, Oct 9, 2011.

1. shikari89 macrumors member

shikari89

Today I discovered there was a button that leads to the iTunes store while running with my iPhone. I was backing out of my playlist (still running), and pressed the back button one too many times. I looked down and realized I was in the iTunes music store. Kind of got on my nerves since it happened several more times by accident.

Other than that button, I love iOS 5. Anyone else feel the same way?

2. AppleFanBoyMTL macrumors newbie

I completely agree with you that this "Store" button is ridiculous and just plain annoying.

I actually turned off "iTunes" under "Restrictions" because of this. Sure, I can't buy music on my iPad and iPhone anymore but at least I don't have to put up with this "feature anymore and quite frankly, it's worth it.

3. Hermann macrumors newbie

Thank you for that tip. I have now disabled the store and I encourage everyone to. What they did here is so utterly stupid that I can't believe that there aren't dozens of articles complaining about this.

Crapple did this because they know everyone will hit that spot. What a cheap and greedy tactic. I mean who does this even work on? Children? Not cool.

Oh and also in this great update, scrolling through albums in portrait view is slow and miserable. So go ahead and enable orientation locking too.

Or just don't update. Wish I hadn't.

4. Zcott macrumors 68020

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I also thank you for this tip.

annoyed the hell out of me!

6. Hermann macrumors newbie

So you're not annoyed when you hit that button? I don't see how anyone could be ok with it. With the screen room of an ipod or iphone, there is no need for something like this. It's an inconvenience.