iOS 5 tethered jailbreak - phone has crashed!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by blizeH, Nov 7, 2011.

1. blizeH, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

blizeH macrumors 6502

Argh, can anyone please advise me on what to do? My phone has completely crashed, I can't press the power button to turn it off, I can't press the home button... it's just completely frozen/crashed

Any suggestions very welcome, thank you!

(edit) okay, holding down the power and home button reset it, it then actually let me go straight into DFU mode by using the usual combo (just followed the instructions) and now redsn0w is saying 'Unable to download IPSW' so I guess I need to download that directly, fingers crossed. 800mb here we go.

Now gets stuck on 'fetching required files' - guess it's a problem with the works firewall, god damn. No phone for me today! God damn proxy.

2. blizeH, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

blizeH thread starter macrumors 6502

3. TC25 macrumors 68020

To be clear, your phone crashed without you doing anything to it?

4. AnionicStrength macrumors member

You need to preform a tethered boot (thus the "tethered" part of Tethered Jailbreak).

Scroll down to the "BOOT TETHERED" section:

Mac
    Windows

5. blizeH thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I was using a to-do app, then it just randomly crashed, completely froze. Never had that happen before!

Many thanks for this, this is what I did in the end, and actually what I was trying in the OP - it just didn't work because I was behind a firewall here, and I was worried it was something else (ie my phone is broke!) - but all is good now, thanks again :)