Ios 5 update from 4.3.3 3gs problems any ideas?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by selbyftw, Jun 7, 2011.

1. selbyftw macrumors newbie

Hey guys I have an iphone 3gs on a fresh 4.3.3 restore that ive just done so everything is nice and fresh, I also have have itunes 1.15 install on a windows 7 x32. Ive paid a chap on ebay to register my idid which he has done, so I start up itunes and hold shift and click restore and point it at the ios 5 firmware, its does a few things then give me an error why is this and what can i do to fix it?
    Also how can I check if my idid is defonatly registerd?

2. graymalkin2 macrumors newbie

You need iTunes 10.5 beta which appears to be Mac only at this point. I'm not sure that it's available for Windows yet. So the way forward is to do it from a Mac. Also, these step-by-step instructions on how to install iOS 5 might be of help.

3. funy macrumors member

10.5 for windows IS available, though for obvious reasons i wont link here,

what error did you get?

have you checked that you havent got a line referencing gs.apple.com in your

c:\windows\system32\driver\etc\hosts file?

this normally means that tinyumbrella put it there when you backed up shsh at some point and then it didnt revert your hosts file afterwards

4. elhefe420 macrumors newbie

i have itunes 10.5 and have bricked two iphones trying to up date from my pc, check my post for what i did