Apple TV iOS 5 Windows Jailbreak - ATV2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Captainobvvious, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

I messed up...

I wasn't thinking and I updated the ATV2 software... So I lost my jailbreak.

That was the hub of my entire living room... I can't watch TV I can't do anything.

Is there anything available?

2. roidy macrumors 6502a

Yes, I updated mine to iOS 5 at the weekend and wanted to go back to the old jail broken firmware so I just reused the current 4.3 - 8F455 version of seas0npass and it worked ok. Give it a try.

3. DrEnalg macrumors regular

How is that possible without saving SHSH blobs (which I do routinely now)? Just curious.... is Apple not signing 4.3 updates for ATV2 currently? That would be weird.

4. roidy, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

roidy macrumors 6502a

No idea, all I know is that my ATV2 was jail broken on 4.3 using seas0npass, I updated to ios5(4.4) at the weekend, didn't like it so I re-ran seas0npass and it's now back to jailbroken 4.3 and I'm using Plex once again.

Edit:-

Yep, just to make sure I'm not losing my mind, I just upgraded to iOS5(software version 4.4) again and then downgraded back to jailbroken 4.3 using seas0npass with no problems. So, for the time being at least, it's possible to downgrade.

5. CHRONiC YOUTH macrumors member

6. Captainobvvious thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank god!

Thanks for your help, I will do that tonight!

I want airplay mirroring but not at the cost of not being able to watch TV.

7. roidy macrumors 6502a

Nevermind what?:confused::confused: