iOS 5 with mobile me & iCloud.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by byke, Jun 20, 2011.

1. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

Ok here's the deal, running ios5 on a iPad2 , but was hoping to be able to use the new iCloud system ....I log on using my mobile me address via the icloud section under general settings and password and am greeted with a message stating that my mobile me account hasn't been migrated over to the cloud yet. And when I try and sig up for a cloud account instead I am informed that I have to sign in with my mobile me account ..... Any ideas?

Cheers

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Are you trying to use your MobileMe email address as your iCloud login when signing up for a new iCloud name? Because you can't do that.

Also, it's a beta, and I know that's redundant to say, but unless you're testing these features for bugs or how well it works with something you're working on, don't worry about it too much. It'll work as intended in the Fall.

3. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

If you need help using pre-release beta software that you haven't read any of the documentation on, please check out developer.apple.com

4. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

You will need to set up a new account wit iCloud to make it work but you can keep your MM account too.

5. shandyman Suspended

is your apple ID just your me.com address?

you can't migrate your mobileme account until iCloud officially launches. i used my apple ID which wasn't a me.com.

you can set up your mobileme for contacts and email and that in the usual way though.