iOS 5

Discussion in 'iPad' started by David-fr, Mar 2, 2011.

1. David-fr macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Here is my prediction

Being the iPhone the flagship device iOS 5 will be introduce in the summer and it will be universal update for the iPad as well.

What you all think? I could bet my new MPB on it :)

2. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wow way to go out on a limb there with that prediction....sigh

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

4. urkel macrumors 68030

Thats a pretty safe bet.

People are a bit caught in the Reality Distortion Field now, but in a few weeks it will be clearer that this presentation was a bit of a dud. No AppleTV app store, no free MobileMe, 4.3 offers very little and the iPad upgrade is even more incremental as expected.

With competition growing then June has to be HUGE so Apple will likely turn up the heat with an impressive iOS5 showing and a 4" iPhone 5 on ALL carriers. Well, thats what I'm hoping for anyway.

5. admanimal macrumors 68040

Yeah, Apple sucks for not giving us all of those things that they have never mentioned at all.

6. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I think it makes pretty good sense to see this for iOS 5:

MobileMe is probably renamed or completely redone to be integrated into the iOS.
    AppleTV sees some sort of app development hit.
    New notifications system - that's pretty much all iOS needs at this point for me.