iOS 5gm Camera Crop Bug

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BFW122083, Oct 7, 2011.

1. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

When I take a pic and crop it, it works just fine and saves the cropped photo to my camera roll. Whenever i text the cropped pic, or upload to Facebook, the original un cropped pic gets sent/uploaded. Camera roll only saves the cropped pic, not the original. Anyone else notice this?

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Confirmed the Facebook upload issue, iOS5 GM and iPhone 4. However if I email the pic, it sends the cropped one.

Obviously the photo is not really "cropped", it just has some metadata saved telling iOS where it is cropped - and probably the FB app is not reading that properly. I didn't try MMS.

3. BFW122083 thread starter macrumors 6502

Kind of a bummer, you would think it would really crop the pic and make the file smaller.

4. jakatak macrumors newbie

Iphone cropping bug

I just discovered this. You can count on Apple never fixing it until a new phone comes out. It seems there are many bugs on the iphone. Using the volume button to snap pictures makes the picture upside down. The cameras are worse since upgrading iphone 4 to IOS5.

Apple seems so busy working on the next thing they never fix the current things. Not happy at all.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

This has been discussed before. The pictures are not upside down. It's the responsibility of the program displaying the pictures to correctly read the orientation. Your photos will display correctly in some programs, upside down in others.