iOS 5's iMessage.... a BBM killer?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by joemarioz, Jun 6, 2011.

1. joemarioz macrumors member

joemarioz

Is it a kick in the nuts to RIM? Are they going to throw their service for free now that apple has made it's move?

2. joemarioz thread starter macrumors member

joemarioz

what type of login do you need for the service? a separate email account ( like facetime )??? will it work seamlessly with the iCloud's ID( I hope!)??? Or will it have a BB-like Pin# ??(not!)

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

well remember you need a blackberry to work with BBM so if you jump ship to iOS all your friends would still be on BBM so no way to connect with them.

Also it is a wait and see how iMessager works to see if it is just an enhanced text messaging and not something separate like BBM. It a rather interesting thing to watch and see.

4. kppolich macrumors 6502

kppolich

seems like iMessage is apples attempt to pry away those people keeping their Blackberrys solely for bbm. I loved bbm when i had my bb, but now that I look back on it, it isn't all that great. Hopefully iMessage doesn't disappoint and have some catches with where it works and between what devices all the features work with the best. ie: if the now responding ...... works between UI's (iOS and android or if it only works between iOS5 devices)