iOS 6.0.1 camera lag?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by tcung82, Nov 2, 2012.

1. tcung82 macrumors member

Has anyone experienced a lag when taking pictures with the iPhone 5 with newly updated iOS 6.0.1 update? It used take pics extremely fast, almost instantly when i tapped the shutter button. Now when taking one picture or multiple pictures there seems to be a delay before and between taking pix. Sup with that?

2. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Just tested it, and I'm I'm having the same issue. It's a lag of way too long, much longer than with 6.0. :( time to report it as a bug to http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

3. wouwout macrumors member

No issues here on an iphone 5. Extremely fast (i use the volume button to take a picture). have you turned on HDR, it needs to process each photo when HDR is turned on

4. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

No HDR.

I have tested it several times, and it seems like it's just a bit laggy without the flash, but takes way longer than before with the flash on.

5. archwizard macrumors newbie

Tested w/ my iP5, no issues on camera lag. In fact, iOS 6.0.1 seems to be pretty robust and had solved a few of my v6.0 issues.

6. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

7. tbaer macrumors member

8. joesuf macrumors newbie

joesuf

no issues very very snappy... like 5 per sec if multiples

9. simercool macrumors member

10. tcung82 thread starter macrumors member

I did another reset of my phone after the initial restart the update did and seemed to fix the issue.

11. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I have the lag. Before, I would get as many pictures in my camera roll as the number of times I pressed the shutter button on screen or the volume button. Now there is a lag and some presses are missed. I tried restarting to no avail. It's sad to see a selling point just gone like that.