iOS 6.0.1 Verizon time bug fixed?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by solodogg, Nov 1, 2012.

1. solodogg macrumors 6502

Has anyone had the time issues since updating to 6.0.1? So far, mine has switched from LTE to 3G twice without issues. Hopefully, it's finally fixed. I noticed the carrier version is now 13.3 too, so it might have been an included carrier update that's helped!

2. Piper717 macrumors newbie

I haven't had this problem at all. Version 13.1 supposedly fixed the bug where data was still being used when on wifi. It did not fix mine. I'm praying 13.3 will fix it. The most amount of data I ever went through on unlimited data before my iPhone 5 was 2.5 gigs. That was with watching movies on Netflix everyday and streaming music a lot while not being on wifi. I used 5.2 gigs last month and I never watched movies or streamed music while not on wifi because I was so paranoid of going over my 6 gig limit. I am so frustrated. I can't even use 4g or hardly do anything while not on wifi because again...I'm so paranoid. Can only truly enjoy my new iPhone 5 while connected to wifi. I'm so disappointed with Verizon. I should have bought the phone outright. Screw Verizon for making us change.

3. solodogg thread starter macrumors 6502

I have noticed slightly higher data usage, but not that drastic. I just assumed it was because of playing with the phone a lot more now since it's new.

I am going on almost 24 hours now without the time changing. Hopefully it's finally fixed!!! Alarms not going off was no good...

4. dwtd macrumors newbie

I've been having the same issues. I went through >3GB in about 5 days and I have a 6GB plan (before switching to Verizon I would sometimes go as high as 1GB in a month). I've called Verizon multiple times asking for help troubleshooting this and they're pretty much useless. They initiated some sort of investigation for my current billing period and told me I won't be charged for any overages this month, but they still haven't contacted me regarding any of the huge one time data entries that showed up in my usage log since the investigation began. So frustrating. Like you, I'm really hoping 13.3 fixes this.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not sure if it would be directly helpful, but Onavo has a couple of data usage related apps (Onavo Count and Onavo Extend) that might be of some use in these kinds of situations: http://www.onavo.com.

6. solodogg thread starter macrumors 6502

so far so good still! traveled into another time zone, in and out of LTE and 3G, and never had any issues with the time being anything other than what it truly was. I guess the true test will be the time switch tonight, so we will see what happens.

Anyone had the time bug since updating to iOS 6.0.1 yet? Mine was changing constantly, now it appears to be fixed.