iOS 6.1.1 Beta 1: New Features Improvements (fixes) Thread

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by batting1000, Feb 6, 2013.

1. batting1000 macrumors 604

New Features:

Improvements (fixes):

If you notice anything new in 6.1.1 or improved from iOS 6.1/6.0, post here.

2. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 includes the following improvements to Maps for Japan:

• Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
    • Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
    • Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
    • Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
    • Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
    • Updated freeway color to green
    • Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices
    • Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower

3. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

4. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

apple hates all jailbreakers, but most of all it hates japanese jailbreakers.

5. chrismarle macrumors 6502

Since it's only a beta 1, hopefully we'll get something else in another beta (2,3) that is useful to us, non-Japanese people.

6. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

For some reason, Apple seem to have a great interest in Japan. I remember in 5.1, Japanese Siri was also released ahead, and it was only until iOS 6 that many other languages were announced.

Hope more improvements to Maps for other countries is included in the upcoming update....

7. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

My guess is they're trying to kill the jailbreak and are simply tossing in maps improvements to cover it up. Doubt we'll seeing anything in the way for features for a x.x.1 update.

8. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

We'll see fixes alright. "Battery" fixes.

9. Xenomorph macrumors 65816

Xenomorph

6.1.1 beta 1 does *not* kill the jailbreak.

evasi0n won't run on 6.1.1, but the jailbreak still works on beta 1 (through manual installation).

10. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Blackberry announced its pulling out of the Japanese market for future devices, including BB10. Maybe that's got something to do with it.

11. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

They may have had improvements for the Japanese maps, but I found a few graphical errors in the Cincinnati area, so they still have some work to do. But then again, I can't see why anyone would want to go to Cincinnati anyway, so I don't think fixing it is high on Apple's list of **** to do :D

12. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Sorry for the double post, but I just noticed something when updating some apps on my iPhone running iOS 6.1.1 beta. Before this beta, when you had multiple apps needing an update, it would first download the first app's update, then before it installs it would start downloading the next app's update. Not the case anymore. Now it goes back to the old days by downloading and installing each app one at a time. It won't start the next app's download until the previous update is done installing.

Kinda hard to see in this screenshot but I noticed it when I had 4 apps to update recently.

[​IMG]

13. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

I hope it's just a bug. I like the simultaneous updates.

14. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Can someone post screenshots of Maps in Japan now? I want to see how it looks like and how different it is...

15. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

It might be, I'm not getting the same results on my iPad, it only does that on my iPhone.