Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

casimir30

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Hey guys. Just came back from holidays and realised there was a new version of IOS supposedly improving battery life and that. I had so many issues with my battery since the 6.1 update ( properly decreased battery life. From 13 hours to 7.5) that I had to reset my phone in my local apple shop. Then lost all my data as phone didn't back up etc etc etc

Anyway I was wondering before updating if it was indeed worth it ? Anyone noticed an improved battery life ? Or has it made it worse ??

Sorry this was quite long. Thank u for any advice :)

Woomy123

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
Hey guys. Just came back from holidays and realised there was a new version of IOS supposedly improving battery life and that. I had so many issues with my battery since the 6.1 update ( properly decreased battery life. From 13 hours to 7.5) that I had to reset my phone in my local apple shop. Then lost all my data as phone didn't back up etc etc etc

Anyway I was wondering before updating if it was indeed worth it ? Anyone noticed an improved battery life ? Or has it made it worse ??

Sorry this was quite long. Thank u for any advice :)

For me it has gotten worse i have nearly lost 50% in about 5 hours and I have hardly used it!!

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
I think the 6.1.1 update fixed the 3G issue for 4S and the 6.1.2 fixed issues with Microsoft Exchange and nothing else.

However, if those issues also caused the battery to drain faster, then it may benefit you to update.

techbul

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
Battery is still pretty bad. I really didn't mind how heavy the 4/4S was. It gives you a secure feeling when you're holding it, and I certainly wouldn't have minded if they kept the same weight on the iPhone 5 but added a few extra battery hours to it.

pugnut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Much better for me

Prior I was averaging about 10-11 hours per day with about 2-3 hours of usage. Post a full refresh, not from back-up I am getting 1 day with the same usage. It has been fairly consistiant since rerfresh

crobbins

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2006
Colorado
The really strange thing for me is, on my 5, I got a full day out of it on 6.1. I upgraded to 6.1.2 and lose about 10% an hour. I'm going to try a full restore I think.

FlatlinerG

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2011
The update doesn't say it improves battery life. It says that it fixes an exchange issue that could cause increased network activity and reduced battery life.

If you weren't experiencing the exchange issue that they fixed, then you won't notice any difference.

SomeZeros

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
The update doesn't say it improves battery life. It says that it fixes an exchange issue that could cause increased network activity and reduced battery life.

If you weren't experiencing the exchange issue that they fixed, then you won't notice any difference.

all you wrote is correct , furthermore i didn't update my IP5 to 6.1.2 because i think that Jailbreak will break

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
with each update that comes out my phone performs worse as well as the battery life. it's becoming quite annoying

steve please come back :apple:

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
If normal usage is ruled out, battery issues are typically caused by an app. You can try turning your phone off and on (or resetting it) it, but if you want to see what your phone is doing download one of the many utilities that display CPU and memory usage to identify the process. The phone also might be trying unsuccessfully or repeatedly to connect to a cell tower, wifi, bluetooth device, etc.

I use a third party product to connect to Exchange so I didn't have the Exchange issue and there is no difference in my battery life since upgrading to 6.1.2.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
On my 4S, not Jailbroken - With 6.1.1 I saw some improvement, not that it was bad to begin with. No change with 6.1.2.

rovex

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2011
Safari on ipad 3 is noticeably faster at rendering pages glad i updated in the end.

MacAttacked

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2011
My iPhone 5 has significantly less battery life.

On an average day I have 7 hrs of usage with Bluetooth on all day long and still had 35% left when I went to bed.

Yesterday after 6 hrs of usage I was down to 17%.

And yes, I already reset my iPhone. This sucks

Tapdawg

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2008
I had no battery problems with 6.0 or 6.1 when I upgraded to 6.1.2 my battery is draining about 20-30% an hour. I have tried closing all apps, hard restarting, full restore from back up and full restore as new and nothing has seemed to work. Do you think it's wise to bring the phone into apple at this point?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.