Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stevofresh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2013
Who updated to 6.1.3 and anyone notice any better battery life? And is it any different to update it on the phone or on the computer on itunes? (Which ones do you pefer?)

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
I think the only update was to fix the unlock bug.

Along with patching at least 4 methods that were used for jailbreaking. Along with Maps for Japan fixes. Apple doesn't list every single change but I highly doubt there were any changes that will affect battery life in such a small update.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
I don't notice an increase or decrease in battery life. I also don't notice the snappier Safari experience as others are reporting despite loading page after page and telling myself "Look, it's snappier!" :)

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
My safari seems to be the same as before however am just glad that our Japanese iPhone users can now know where they are going.

YoungLew

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
Only difference i've noticed since iOS 6.1.3 is picture messages will no longer send over iMessage. It reverts to sms then sends.... which is odd.:confused:

I'm on Vodafone UK if it makes any difference on a 32GB iPhone 5

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
There is something different with Safari after I updated to 6.1.3

Before the update, using Safari, if you were on a webpage at the very bottom of the page you could tap the top part of the screen near the black area and it would automatically scroll you back to the top in a second. Now after the update 6.1.3, that function no longer works.

Can someone who updated to 6.1.3 try it and see. I use to love that function.

Edit: Nevermind, it;s working now, that was weird, for a moment I lost the LTE Verizon, Time and Battery Meter bar at the top but it's back.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
There is something different with Safari after I updated to 6.1.3

Before the update, using Safari, if you were on a webpage at the very bottom of the page you could tap the top part of the screen near the black area and it would automatically scroll you back to the top in a second. Now after the update 6.1.3, that function no longer works.

Can someone who updated to 6.1.3 try it and see. I use to love that function.

Working on this page in 6.1.2 ... going to update right now and I'll report back using this same page as the test :)

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
Sorry, it seems to be working again now. I'm not sure what happen but for about 5 mins, I lost that black bar at the top that says LTE Verizon, time and battery meter, but I see it back now. That was weird.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Sorry, it seems to be working again now. I'm not sure what happen but for about 5 mins, I lost that black bar at the top that says LTE Verizon, time and battery meter, but I see it back now. That was weird.

I lost mine for a few minutes too after updating. Force quit safari, reopened, and it was back to normal.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Working on this page in 6.1.2 ... going to update right now and I'll report back using this same page as the test :)

I lost mine for a few minutes too after updating. Force quit safari, reopened, and it was back to normal.

I updated quickly, but got distracted :D

Anyway, yeah, post update, it's still working as expected, so maybe it was just a momentary hiccup for you.

Maui19

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2007
This is a helpful thread, I updated the day before yesterday. This morning when I got up, my battery was down to 12% (it is normally 60-80% over night if I don't charge it(. It has never been anything close to this low before, but it doesn't sound like the cause is the 6.1.3 update

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This is a helpful thread, I updated the day before yesterday. This morning when I got up, my battery was down to 12% (it is normally 60-80% over night if I don't charge it(. It has never been anything close to this low before, but it doesn't sound like the cause is the 6.1.3 update
More than likely some "stuck" app or service. Restarting the phone might get that part of it resolved. Alternatively could have been some connectivity issues and the phone ran down the battery looking for a signal.

Maui19

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2007
More than likely some "stuck" app or service. Restarting the phone might get that part of it resolved. Alternatively could have been some connectivity issues and the phone ran down the battery looking for a signal.

I was thinking along the same lines. I did reboot, and have looked for evidence of connectivity/network issues and haven't found any. My phone, which was at 97% when I made my first post, is now down to 72%. I haven't made/received any phone calls or used the phone for much else, except receiving about a dozen emails. This is definitely unusual battery usage for my phone and usage habits.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
No difference. But I've never had an issue with my battery life and honestly have been confused by those who did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.