Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
I love how everyone is going ga ga over new lock screen controls which was obviously and "oops" mistake after changing the music app in iOS 6. Seriously this has been the clumsiest iOS release to date.

Can anyone confirm if some real problems have been fixed with music like home sharing actually working consistently? Or how about that nice static Bluetooth music streaming from the music app......?

it's not a surprise seeing as how people here went crazy over the new passbook welcome screen :rolleyes:
meanwhile other mobile OSes are leaping iOS in terms of features...etc

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
It would be nice in 6.1 (at least intorducing it in beta 3) if the music app was like itunes 11 is, with the sliding open of an album when pressed instead of it spinning around like it currently does...all in the name of uniformity of course! Where are you beta 3????

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
It would be nice in 6.1 (at least intorducing it in beta 3) if the music app was like itunes 11 is, with the sliding open of an album when pressed instead of it spinning around like it currently does...all in the name of uniformity of course! Where are you beta 3????

I wouldn't mind some flare for sure.. I would also like the "up next" music queuing.. That would be a nice addition.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I wouldn't mind some flare for sure.. I would also like the "up next" music queuing.. That would be a nice addition.

I'll add a +1 to that. I hate sitting there waiting for the current song to end so I can start the next one I want to hear. Boggle my mind why no one at Apple thought of this sooner.

We probably won't see it for a couple updates though. I'm shooting for iOS 9 maybe? haha

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I'll add a +1 to that. I hate sitting there waiting for the current song to end so I can start the next one I want to hear. Boggle my mind why no one at Apple thought of this sooner.

We probably won't see it for a couple updates though. I'm shooting for iOS 9 maybe? haha

Haha, that makes sense.. It needs to get here sooner than later though; at least for the sake of consistency with OSX/iOS. I just wonder if some people would really want that feature on a phone.. I know I would!

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Haha, that makes sense.. It needs to get here sooner than later though; at least for the sake of consistency with OSX/iOS. I just wonder if some people would really want that feature on a phone.. I know I would!

I think it could be one of those things Apple could implement quietly, that way those people who would use it can, and those who don't wouldn't care that its there. It doesn't need to be a big highlight.

AndyMc

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
New York, Ivano-Frankivsk
Jonathan Ive is new designer and we should expect something else as we have never seen before. Unfortunately we will not see some crucial changes in iOS 6.1 but iOS 7 can bring another way of thinking about Apple iOS. Do you agree?

austin72398

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2012
Okay for the ones bitching about the weather widget animating... It DOES animate. But only when it's very foggy or cloudy. It doesn't animate ALL the time, just when it's very cloudy. Look at @Surenix photos on Twitter. http://www.twitter.com/Surenix (not me) he confirms it. It's been around since iOS 6.0. So yes it does animate.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Another much over used stereotype my friend.

Originated in a small chippy in Stonehaven and has never seen the light of day in the cities of Scotland. I have never seen one, seen one for sale, or heard of anyone who's seen or tried one.

Yet EVERYONE in England thinks we live on the things and eat them often!

Is it ironic that the chippy up the road from me (in England), that's now closed, used to sell battered mars bars? :D So nice!!

Saw a battered cream egg on the menu at a seaside chippy once, but didn't try it.

Ibtechsavvy

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
I did that with iOS 5, and even though I only paid $5 I realized that its not really worth having a buggy beta. I mean sure it's cool to have the OS before but it has a **** load of bugs. This may not be the case in this specific event but you know what I mean. BUT you may be able to justify yourself to get it. Happens to me all the time ;)

I wasn't asking if it was worth it, i was asking if it was safe. Anyone else want to weigh in?

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Isn't it like 2 weeks past beta 2? Was kinda hoping Apple released beta 3 yesterday or something, but guess it didn't happen. Given the longer time period, hope there's something substantial coming our way...

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
This keeps happening to me on Beta 2.

null-2.png

kthnxshwn

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
I think it's great that this thread is filled with people saying they're having problems... with a beta.

britboyj

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2009
No. You pay if you want to sell app.

No, you pay if you want to put any app in the App store. You could develop in Xcode and side-load onto your own devices for free all day, but if you want to submit to the App store, you pay $99.

Virinprew

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2012
No, you pay if you want to put any app in the App store. You could develop in Xcode and side-load onto your own devices for free all day, but if you want to submit to the App store, you pay $99.

That is the same thing. Sell app and put app in store. But whatever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.