SOLLERBOY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Hi, I just tried to update to 6.1 on my i5 and software update keeps coming up with BETa 4 and says "only for developer devices", I've never been a developer and the phone has only ever been updated with normal software updates OTA, has anyone had the same? What can i do?

Thanks!

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Hi, I just tried to update to 6.1 on my i5 and software update keeps coming up with BETa 4 and says "only for developer devices", I've never been a developer and the phone has only ever been updated with normal software updates OTA, has anyone had the same? What can i do?

Thanks!
hit restore in iTunes and it will download 6.1 for you

Comment

errant

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2012

Thanks!

Same happened to me on my 4. Started a thread yesterday, and someone tracked down on Apple's support forums that it seems to be a Verizon issue with OTA updates. I plugged it into my laptop and checked for the update and it gave me the right one.

No idea if the Verizon OTA update is mislabeled or not, but I didn't want to chance it since beta 4 expired the day before it started showing up as the available update on my phone.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.