General iOS 6.1 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AppleNewsTech, Jan 30, 2013.

1. AppleNewsTech macrumors member

Hey guys I decided the other day that i would jailbreak my iPad mini, but I'm not sure about my iPhone 5. If anyone wants to share their past experiences then that would be great. Also if you could share your favorite tweaks/hacks that would be helpful as well. Also, does anyone know if the Auxo app switcher works on the iPad?

2. jpix55 macrumors member

No downside to jailbreaking. If something goes wrong, just restore.

Also, your questions about tweaks can be answered in any one of the 100 other threads on this site.

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

To add to above (I suggest googling "favorite jailbreak tweaks", or visiting idownloadblog.com), Auxo does not support the iPad natively right now.

Logically, support for the ipad will follow next.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

OP, I would change the title of this thread if I was you to something else.
    Maybe rename it to Auxo for ipad or something.
    There's many many threads already with favorite JB apps and packages and such stuff with peoples input that is only a few seconds away with a search.

5. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

I actually feel you would get more out of jailbreaking your iPhone 5 versus your iPad.

From my experience I found a lot of the tweaks more useful on a phone. Quick settings and bitesms aren't all that useful on an iPad. Quasar looks nice but was unstable when I was jailbroken a few months back.

Like others said if you don't like it you can just restore.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Definitely.

It's nice we can jailbreak iOS devices other than the iPhone, but I have almost all of my tweaks and customization on the iPhone.

7. JPChicago macrumors regular

how do you even back up from a restore point? i know the backing up stage but when i connect my ipad or phone it automatically backs up.. can i stop that and choose my restore point?

8. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Yes, but first, did you backup to iCloud or iTunes on your computer?

9. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

This. I honestly Jailbreak my iPad to add maybe one tweak. Sometimes none. The iPad is just already so nice to use. The only tweaks I ever seem to use on an iPad are multitasking tweaks.

When I last jailbroke it was on a 4S and I was using like 30+ tweaks, didn't lag at all and the phone was a absolute joy to use.

I'm almost salivating to jailbreak my iPhone 5. My iPad 3 not so much :eek:

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    There's no such thing as restore points in itunes backups.
    It will backup it up to the way it is now and all previous backups will be upgraded/overwritten by the last backup file.
    A way to avoid that is by renaming your iphone. So change the name and then your old backup will be left alone and a new one will be created under the new name.

11. dinggus macrumors 65816

I would say I get more out of both. I do tend to have more tweaks for the iPhone though. For my iPad Mini, I'll most likely install these:

MountainCenter
    Quasar - I just installed it on the wife's iPad 3, I enjoyed it on my iPad 2.
    FolderEnhancer
    MailEnhancer
    SBSettings
    XBMC

Maybe a tweak to get more rows and columns as well. I like having just 1 page of icons.

12. JPChicago macrumors regular

Yesir. Backup with iTunes.

13. rman726 macrumors 6502

I am excited to be able to set Google Maps as my default app come Sunday. :)