iOS 6.1 to iOS 6.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by dieselee89, Apr 1, 2013.

1. dieselee89 macrumors member

Hi guys I am on iOS 6.1 and didn't update to iOS 6.1.2 when it was still being signed by Apple as I didn't want to loose my place in Mailbox app que.
    anyways now that I have the app I want to update to 6.1.2 because not only am I having wifi issues in 6.1 but also my two year old iPhone 4 has slowed down so this time I want to just do a clean restore without any backup (except for iCloud's backup of Mailbox app) and no jailbreak!
    I have tried almost everything but it keeps giving errors from 3194, 20, 11 to 1600 and the one where it says the phone isn't eligible for this build.
    I tried fetching blobs from redsn0w but it can't fetch any as apple stopped signing it :/

Any ideas what I can do to overcome this problem?

P.S. I don't want to update to 6.1.3 because I never know when I want to jailbreak my phone again.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Since you have the iPhone 4, you have a chance of restoring to iOS 6.1.2. Normally, you can only restore to the latest version but there are exploits for your particular device to overcome this. Did you jailbreak your device before? Did you manually save shsh blobs for your device using redsn0w, tinyumbrella, or iFaith?

Download the latest version of iFaith (v1.5.6) and run it. Plug in your iPhone 4 and click "show available shsh caches on server". After it finds it, save them.

See if it marks them as valid or not. If its not valid, those shsh blobs cannot help you restore to iOS 6.1.2

However, if it valid, you can use redsn0w and stitch a firmware package with those shsh blobs. You can do some googling about redsn0w and stitching blobs. There should be plenty of walkthroughs out there. You would have had better luck if you posted this to the jailbreak section

3. dieselee89 thread starter macrumors member

When I select iOS 6.1.2 ipsw, redsn0w says 'Stitching for this ipsw currently unavailable' :\

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

use snowbreeze to create the custom firmware. redsn0w only supports 6.0 as of right now

5. dieselee89 thread starter macrumors member

I already tried sn0wbreeze and it got stuck in Soft DFU mode after restoring completed in iTunes. It took me several hours to just get out of Soft DFU. I have tried everything that sn0wbreeze and Redsn0w has available for the problem. Downloading iOS 6.1.3 now and I hope this will be a problem free upgrade :\

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Using iFaith, does it say your shsh blobs are valid? After restoring and going into soft DFU is an indication you used incomplete shsh blobs