iOS 6.1 Wishlists

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by moonman239, Jun 15, 2012.

1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

Even though iOS6 is still in beta, I feel that now is probably a good time to think about what we want in iOS 6.1.

Maps: Allow users to report a speed trap, police vehicle or hazard and warn drivers of upcoming speed traps, police vehicles and hazards.

Siri: Allow apps to interact with Siri via an API. This was expected in iOS6, but so far it's not happening. I am developing an informational app and would like to be able to make my app so that a user can tell Siri to retrieve something that can be found in my app.

Phone, FaceTime and Messages: It'd be nice if I could tell my phone to automatically reject calls and delete messages from people I don't know. If they really want to talk, then they can leave me a voicemail. It would also be nice if my phone could automatically report a telemarketer, scammer, or someone who probably wants to harass me. On that note, it'd also be nice if there was a "report" button that I could tap if the phone didn't catch such calls or texts.

2. stuffradio macrumors 65816

Who would they report to? Apple? Haha

3. *Calypso* macrumors regular

Maps: Automatic caching of the whole route for turn-by-turn navigation; manual caching/downloading of specific cities/regions; better data!

Safari: Finally a fix for the sometimes-not-working Search button in Private Browsing.

Mail: IMAP-Idle.

Contacts/Calendar: Option to hide Facebook birthdays in Notification Center.

Settings: 3G switch; intelligent DND scheduling option (override scheduled DND if phone was recently used or detects movement) or DND schedule that is only valid when phone is being charged.

UI: More consistency (e.g. music player looks different in lock screen); no status bar colouring.

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

6.0 hasn't even passed beta 1 yet, I'm sure there's many refinements to come :rolleyes:

5. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

I knew that.

6. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

lol I'm pretty sure there was some kind of government intervention with speed trap apps, they had to remove them from the app store (I think on Android as well). So there's no way this is going to happen.

Also, you're not supposed to be speeding in the first place. So... if you get caught, that's your fault lol

7. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

Setting shortcuts in the notification center.