iPhone iOS 6.1 with evasi0n crashes springboard when I lock the screen every time

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kevinsa, Feb 8, 2013.

1. kevinsa macrumors newbie

2. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

3. kevinsa thread starter macrumors newbie

are you having the same problem? Put up a list of your installed packages to see if we can find a correlation.

4. str8rcn macrumors newbie

Same problem here. Enters safe mode every time.

I am in the process of restoring and re jailbreaking.

Mine worked fine From tuesday until last night.

The first crash log indicated it was unfold causing the problem so i uninstalled but to no avail.

I started removing apps 1 by 1 down to only sbsettings and pandoraskip and it still did it. I'll see how restoring goes.

5. kevinsa thread starter macrumors newbie

I did the same as you, and then when I got my packages all back after restoring/jailbreaking it started crashing again. I also noticed it after installing unfold, but I haven't installed that the 2nd time round so it may be unrelated.

6. str8rcn macrumors newbie

Well that's not good. I haven't re done the jailbreak yet I may a few days until more bugs are worked out.

7. Donut4000, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013

Donut4000 macrumors member

Donut4000

Possible solution

I had this problem today as well. I spent about 3 hours fiddling and Googling. I noticed an update to the Torch tweak was out on Cydia, so updated, and lo! the problem vanished. This was a very reliable problem to reproduce - press the power button to sleep the screen, and an immediate crash into safe mode would result. After running this wee Torch update, as I said, the problem was gone. I know correlation is not causation, but if your are tearing your hair out, this may help.

8. str8rcn macrumors newbie

Actually that helps a lot since Torch was one of the apps i never removed.

I bet that was it. I see theres a small update to evasion so im gonna try again.

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

According to the changelog for Torch the latest version fixes a bug causing a SafeMode crash loop, so that seems likely to be the cause.

I'm not sure why it would have been crashing launchd, though...

10. maartenh macrumors newbie

I seem to have the same problem but i don't have Torch installed
    how can i generate a list of installed apps?