Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BSigz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Anybody else having this problem?

I manage music manually from itunes to my Iphone 4s; convert it to 128AAC; sync it to the phone and no album artwork.

Colonel Badger

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
Anybody else having this problem?

I manage music manually from itunes to my Iphone 4s; convert it to 128AAC; sync it to the phone and no album artwork.

Kind of yes. If I browse music in Portrait Orientation by Album the main list view is missing a LOT of album artwork, even stuff I purchased directly via iTunes. However if I rotate to Landscape all Artwork is there. It's also there if I select a specific Album. It only seems missing in the List View. Bug !!!

Hollow Man

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Connecticut
Very peculiar issue for me on my iPhone 4 and 5 on iOS 6. About a dozen of my songs are missing art when viewing through Cover Flow only. The art shows up fine in portrait mode. When playing one of the affected songs in portrait mode, then turning to landscape, it will show the art UNTIL I swipe off the song.

I have removed the songs, synced, added them back, synced, and no change. I have removed the songs, removed the art from the songs, put the art BACK on via iTunes, synced, and still no art via Cover Flow.

-HM

SONiC5

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
U.S.
I think this is an iTunes 10.7 problem, my 4S is on 5.1.1 and the same thing is happening to me, it never happened before I updated to iTunes 10.7.

I manually manage the music on my 4S, sometimes if I copy the artwork from the iTunes library to the song in the iPhone's library it'll show up.

Last edited:

Hollow Man

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Connecticut
I discovered the problem for me. If I re-save my album art as "Baseline ('Standard')" instead of Baseline Optimized or Progressive, then load them back onto my music files then sync to the iPhone, it now shows up on my iPhone fine in Cover Flow mode. Definitely a bug, since the other two options worked fine under older iOS versions.

-HM

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
iTunes and the album art is a mess - hasn't worked correctly in a long time.

I hope the delay with iTunes v11 pays off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.