Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adamb10

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Anyone else notice a drop in battery life on iOS 6? It seems I'm getting considerably less battery life on my iPod Touch 4G.

easy4lif

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2005
Southbay CA
Under settings/general/usage. There's now a "time since last full charge". Use your touch till the battery drains to find out.

Lee608

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Drastic reduction

iPhone 4S drains 10% per 30-35 minutes with little use. With normal use I typically need to add my mobi external battery late afternoon and that is fine to get me through the rest of the day. This is with moderate use of the phone, safari, and various apps. After installing iOS 6 starting with a full iPhone and mobi charge, I was completely dead in 8 hours with far less usage than normal. With the external battery I have never had to even think about running out of battery before. This was a dramatic noticeable change. Can I uninstall 6?

MacConvert07

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2008
Upstate NY
Same here. I'm on an iPhone 4. Noticeably less battery life. At first I thought it was related to many downloads I had to do because of a restore. But it turns out that it has been really bad ever since I upgraded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.