Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Icculus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Frisco, TX
Okay so I just installed iOS 6 on my 4s and then loaded up iTM. I went to an album I am 100% sure I never played on my iPhone and it showed no clouds and clicking any song played it immediately. I then opened up iTunes and went to downloads, on the phone, and nothing showed downloading. Did they turn iTM into a streaming service? I really hope so...I noticed that when you open up an album now it has the cloud icon at the top near the metadata/artwork, and thats the only place you see it. Anyone else mess with iTM yet on iOS 6?

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
I read a recent thread on this with the beta and the general consensus was it wasn't a streaming service, it still downloaded to the phone like a pseudo streaming service.

I'm about to check too.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I remember reading awhile ago Apple was planning on turning iTunes Match into a streaming service to compete with Spotify. I don't know how it turned out, I've heard very little about it since, lets see what comes of it :)

omni

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
Doesn't stream like it does on OS X.

Downloads the song - but you cannot delete the songs individually. It tries to behave 'smart' and delete songs as you need space for other things. No idea how that algorithm really works though.

Icculus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
Frisco, TX
Doesn't stream like it does on OS X.

Downloads the song - but you cannot delete the songs individually. It tries to behave 'smart' and delete songs as you need space for other things. No idea how that algorithm really works though.

Well that sucks...I liked it before when I could delete the songs at my will. I even checked in iTunes and they are not showing there either, well not that the new songs I just played. I am going to kill all the songs from the music folder and see if anything ever pops back up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.