iOS 6 and music accessories ..... Any problems?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Jun 30, 2012.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I usually listen to music from my iPhone when driving. Eithier a streaming app like pandora or shoutcast or music files I have loaded. I mostly do this over bluetooth mainly cause it sounds the best, even better than direct connect via 30 pin connector. I still sometimes use direct connect to play music while charging. both direct and bluetooth, I'm able to control my iPhone from my radio's touchscreen.

Anyone using iOS6 beta that plays music via BT or connector run into any problems? Even if it's not a car accessory.

I'm asking cause I know a few people that lost control functions after iOS5 upgrade.

2. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Only problem I've had is it won't automatically start the music unless you have the Music.app open. Otherwise no problems.

3. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Oh ok, that's good. :)

I was just a but concerned cause the next iPhone is a design change. Even tho it probably has nothing to do with anything.

4. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

iOS 5 was kind of funky in the way it worked but it always started playing the iPod as soon as I plugged it in. If I tried to preview something in the store it would fade the music out as if iTunes was going to start the preview and then if the preview didn't start quick enough (or if it didn't feel like it) it would "resume" playing my iPod but start it at the very first song. It would take playing around "closing" the app, pressing back, retrying, etc. to get it to work. The iPod always fights to be the primary player when it's plugged into my 2012 Elantra. I can exit the music app and 2 seconds later music starts playing again. I wish it wouldn't "fight" to play. I think this is why I always have the previewing iTunes issue in my car.

iOS 6 b1 fixed this and I was loving it.

iOS 6 b2 came around and when I plug it in I get "empty iPod" four or five times before its recognized for whatever reason. I just keep unplugging the dock connector and plugging it back in until its recognized... it's odd, and rather annoying.

5. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

That will totally stuff up all accessories

6. bobbba macrumors regular

I use my iPhone for music over bluetooth with 2 cars (Ford & Nissan) and both are working fine just like iOS 5 (there's still an occasional glitch where track names are missed if you skip a lot though).

7. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Would LOVE to use bluetooth in my car but the volume is significantly lower compared to using the dock connector. I guess it's not really an issue for those who don't turn their music up very loud.

8. ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

I've been having problems disconnecting with the Bluetooth at times then reconnects. Sound quality is good and STREAMING is very good now! before on IOS5 it sucks

9. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

I hope they continue to built and enhance their bluetooth stack within iOS to be more fully functioning.

10. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Wait, it sounds different now?

11. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

You mean for using the connector? I suppose they would make adapters to connect 30pin to new connector.

However, I do have a small alarm clock player that you slide the iPhone into the top. Don't think an adapter would fit since the connecter piece is down in a small groove. Luckily it's a cheap radio and I rarely use the iPhone on it.

12. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I have a feeling they will release adapters free of charge WITH the new design for the first release of all products that change to give people time.

13. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

Yeah, I have a similar clock radio. I don't really use it a music alarm, it's just a handy overnight charger.

14. chetahelup macrumors newbie

I installed ios 6 beta 3 today, and I have a bug with my Bluetooth. When using Bluetooth audio in my car, I have lost avrcp. I get no info through Bluetooth and I have lost control (track forward, track back, play, pause, etc.)

I went back to 5.1.1 and everything goes back to normal.

Can anybody verify if they are having the same problems?

I am using it with a pioneer head unit.

15. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I noticed something today.
    I have my 4S hard wired to my head unit and I've got my iPhone 4 synced via Bluetooth. Both have iOS6.
    Used to be that when listening to the music via the hardwire, the music would pause if I got or made a call via the Bluetooth. When the call completed, the music would automatically resume.
    This was true through both betas 1 and 2 but today with beta3 I noticed that the 4S did not pause when the 4 connected via Bluetooth.
    The music faded out so that I could take the call but when the call was completed, the music faded back in but had advanced the 2 or 3 minutes of the call duration. It hadn't actually paused.
    Sure hoping this isn't some permanent change that Apple's made.

Oh, and when I get into my car, the music resumes no matter whether the music app is open or not.